Antitrust investigations initiated by the government can quickly drain corporate resources, destroy reputations, and threaten the long-term viability of an organization. WMH’s antitrust team is comprised of highly accomplished attorneys skilled at developing strategies that address a wide range of regulatory and compliance inquiries.
WMH has a long history of counseling individuals and businesses through every phase of criminal and civil antitrust investigations. The team is anchored by litigation specialists with years of experience as prosecutors for the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Represented several current and former employees of a pharmaceutical manufacturer in connection with an antitrust investigation conducted by the DOJ that spanned multiple years and various drugs.
- Represented a global supplier of automotive parts in a series of antitrust cases brought against the company in the U.S., Brazil, and the EU.
- Represented a trading desk manager under investigation by the SEC for internationally failing to comply with terms of pre-release agreements between certain U.S. banks and ADR broker firms. The DOJ’s Antitrust Division initiated a related investigation to determine whether there is collusion between various ADR broker firms.
- Represented an executive of a foam manufacturer involved in a DOJ antitrust investigation of alleged cartel activities in the auto industry. The DOJ declined to pursue any action against our client.
- Represented the former CEO of the U.S. subsidiary of a Japanese company in connection with an investigation alleging antitrust offenses and obstruction of justice.