Milt is a former federal prosecutor and a deputy general counsel with deep experience in white collar criminal and regulatory matters, employment law, litigation, and advisory work representing corporations in addition to complex commercial litigation. In the course of his distinguished career, he has tried more than 56 cases – both civil and criminal – to verdict.
Prior to joining WMH, Milt was a partner at a nationally recognized law firm, where he handled white collar matters. He also litigated discrimination claims, restrictive covenant, Dodd-Frank, and Sarbanes-Oxley retaliation claims, as well as Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) whistleblower claims on behalf of employees.
Milt brings to his practice substantial experience in public corruption matters. In 2013, Milt was appointed co-chair of the Moreland Commission to investigate public corruption. In 2018, he led the trial team that successfully defended a corporate client in a high-profile public corruption case in the Southern District of New York (SDNY). They won the only acquittal in this highly contested and publicized four-defendant trial.
Previously, Milt served as Deputy General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer at Time Inc., where his responsibilities included internal investigations, compliance, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and Sarbanes-Oxley, as well as intellectual property, privacy, data security, and other cutting-edge areas. At Time, Inc., Milt litigated a variety of employment law matters on behalf of the company concerning race, age, disability, and gender discrimination; restrictive covenants; and independent contractor litigation.
Earlier in his career, Milt was an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the U.S. Attorney’s Office (USAO) for the SDNY. His last assigned unit in the USAO was the Securities and Commodities Fraud Force. Milt also served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office.
Distinguished Leader, New York Law Journal (2020)
Litigation Trailblazer, The National Law Journal (2020)
National Practice Area Star and Local Litigation Star, General Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, and White Collar Crime, Benchmark Litigation (2021)
Labor and Employment Star, Benchmark Litigation (2019-2021)
500 Leading Lawyers in America, Lawdragon (2019-2021)
- Member, Grievance Committee, Southern District of New York
- Vice-Chair, Appellate Division First Judicial Department Attorney Grievance Committee
- Member, Governor’s Screening Panel, First Department Appellate Division
- Member, NYC Mayor’s Judiciary Committee
- Member, Civil Litigation Committee, Eastern District of New York
- Board Member, Federal Bar Council
- Board Member, New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG)
- Board Member, Prisoners’ Legal Services of New York
- Board Member, Fund for Modern Courts
- Board Member, First Department Assigned Counsel Corporation
- Former Member, First Department’s Attorney Disciplinary Committee
- Former Member, Judiciary and Nominating Committees for the Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Former Board Member, NYC Public School System, Panel for Educational Policy
- Former Member, NYC Board of Correction
- Former Board Member, NYC Local Conditional Release Commission
Milt currently sits on the Board of Trustees of the Avon Old Farms School. For 16 years, Milt ran the Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) Corporate Law Program and was the vice-chairman of the board of SEO for nine years. He was also a member of The Calhoun School board of trustees for six years.
Panelist, “Scope of Executive Branch Power Sexual Harassment/#MeToo,” Federal Bar Council’s Winter Bench & Bar Conference, Maui, HI (February 2019)